Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lake Powell trip





Sorry for the long delay in creating a new post. It's kinda funny how life happens and every now and again we have to stop and catch our breath. The last few weeks has been one of those times.


My son Jared has had the last three weeks off of school. (Love that year-round school schedule!) Shani, Sam and the other "C" shift gang invited me to come with them to Lake Powell this year, so after much personal dilberation,I decided to shock them all by accepting the offer.

Jared and I met down at Ryan's house last Monday for the carpool down to Lake Powell. I have to say We had a fabulous time. Four complete days of peace and quite! Lake Powell is simply awesome! Never been there prior to this trip, and I'm already missing the serenity found there. I've included a few pictures, but if your interested in a play by play, visit Shani's Blog site. She's better at putting it all together anyway.
Ryan, Shani, Matt, Sam and "Skipper Richard" on board the houseboat. (Jared took the picture)


I admit I really suck at wake boarding! In fact I never, EVER even got up once! (That's what she said) Although I tried and tried. If you look at this same picture 50 times, you'll get an idea each of my attempts. They all looked like this. Burp! :0


Jared had a lot of fun in the water. Could have had more, but thats another blog story!
All in all it was a fabulous time and I can't wait until next year when we get to go back. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to wakeboard by then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its not that you suck at wakeboarding, its that your just to old!! Jk it was great to have the two of ya there, and we hope to see you there every year for now on. sam c